Natural Ways to Kick Up Your Libido
The cave man that lurks inside every man longs for simple solutions to rev up his sex drive without multiple doctor visits, painful injections or a little blue pill. You want to kick up your libido naturally, but effectively. Lucky for you, harnessing a few healthy habits will reignite your body’s most primal instincts.
1. Catch some ZZZZs. Getting plenty of sleep should definitely be top priority when it comes to improving your libido. Studies have shown time and time again that lack of sleep not only costs you your sex drive, but is also a contributing factor to erectile dysfunction.
2. Pound the pavement. Showing off your ‘guns’ at the gym is definitely a step in the right direction, but if you have not added cardiovascular training to your strength routine, your sexual vitality is going to suffer – no matter how big your muscles are. An erection is essentially a barometer of heart function – blood flowing properly through various arteries – any blockage may hinder your performance. Cardiovascular exercise and fitness in conjunction with weight training helps keep this system working efficiently.
3. Lay off the sauce. Whether your addiction is daily cups of coffee or unwinding with a cold one after a long day, alcohol and coffee have a serious impact on your hormone levels. Both encourage the formation of estrogen and downplay testosterone. Switch to green tea to keep you alert and snack on vegetables with lunch or between meals- both help your body rid of those libido-stealing estrogens.
4. Stress less. Deadlines, board meetings, finances or losing at fantasy football last week can really take a toll on your mind and your body. Find ways to relax – stress increases production of the hormone, cortisol, which not only inhibits optimal arterial blood flow (think erection), but also interferes with testosterone by binding to its receptors. It can be a double whammy against your sex drive – without receptor binding, testosterone simply will not work and without an erection- well, you get the point.
5. Horny Goat Weed. Yes, you read that correctly. This is a supplement that works much like Viagra, so if you cannot seem to fit enough sleep in your schedule or reduce stress, you may be able to avoid the doctor’s visit with this supplement available at the local health food store. You might also try L-arginine, Zinc, Vitamin B supplements which improves blood flow and Tribulus Fruit, which is may increase testosterone production.
If you find you are having trouble achieving and maintaining an erection, despite these healthy practices, you should see your doctor. Erectile dysfunction is often a symptom of something greater that needs to be treated promptly